The cold season is generally perfect for this kind of projects. It’s cloudy and cold and you aren’t in the mood for walking outside. However, you might do something to spend your free time in a useful and funny way. The following activities can be perfect for family sessions together with children as well.
These home decoration ideas are so simple and unique and they really don’t imply lots of money. Only a bit of skill and patience. Maybe you need a storing place or just need something to catch your eyes. Take a look and choose any idea for the next weekends.
- For the first project you will need a rake. How will you get one? Well, when you go to your grandparents’ house next time, you will certainly find one that hasn’t been used for ages. If they don’t live in the country, then you should take a visit to the closest building materials store. Here you have a big range to choose from. So, buy one and make some changes for our purpose. You have to cut its handle and hang it on the wall upside down. Can you imagine? Now, on the toothed bar you can hang the most often used kitchen utensils: a ladle, a metal spoon, a slotted spoon, a turning spatula, a cake server or a wooden spoon. Isn’t it a great idea? This way your utensils will look great and won’t take you all the available space in the drawers.
- The second project is for fun. Take empty jars which you don’t need any more and some rope. You will also need pale paint and an open space for work, because the painting operation will probably generate bad smells. Let your children do the first step. They will have to take the jars and roll the rope around them as they like, leaving empty spaces as well. Then all you need to do is apply a coat of paint over them and that’s it. When they are dry, you can use the jars as beautiful lanterns for the balcony, terrace or even for the kitchen, on Halloween or New Year’s Eve.
- Another great idea for the comfort of your house is this: take a small bowl and put coffee beans inside. Then put a little candle and lit the candle. For a more persistent smell you can use two or three bowls. It’s so sweet and cosy, especially during a restful weekend at home. The heat which comes from the candle helps create a wonderful unforgettable smell.
- This idea is also funny but it needs some preparation in advance. When you go to the beach, remember to collect small flat pebbles, ideally the same size. Take a wooden plate and glue and stick the pebbles one next to the other on that plate. The result will be a unique support for hot recipients in the kitchen or the living-room table.
- Colorful curtains and blinds can also make a look of your home decent. And we would recommend to buy Venetian Blinds for your windows.
If you like these projects, don’t waste your time any more. Get all you need and schedule a pleasant Saturday afternoon with your children.