To sanitize/disinfect or clean, dry vapor steam comes handy. Steam cleaners use dry vapors on stained or infected surfaces to clean them. They are also used to clean buildup on surfaces. They are used to clean hard surfaces and even spot cleaning of carpets and upholstery.
As steam cleaners generate atemperature of 360 F, they are also okay to kill bacteria, mould, fungus and other allergens. Steam cleaners use 150 psi of pressure, which is low.
In a steam cleaner, the vapor made from water when heated in theboileris exited through the nozzle. The surface maybe hard or soft loosens dirt and can be either wiped or vacuumed. The vapor produced by steam cleaner is drier than the air we breathe; it contains only 5% water. Primarily the ability of steam cleaner depends on the heat it produces. On different insulated tools and accessories, steam is exerted, the steam safely breaks soil bond,and contaminants are releasedin the water suspension. After that, the surface is cleaned by vacuuming or wiping. Steam cleaners are usually used in hypoallergenic environments, but also can be used with detergents or cleaning solutions,and some come with avacuum.
Components in steam cleaner:
Different manufacturers make steam cleaners so that they may look different, but their essential elements, by and large, will be similar. Following are some key components:
- Boiler: The boiler must turn the water into steam by heat. Boilers are made of stainless steel as they produce ahuge amount of temperature and pressure.
- Refill Tank: When the steam cleaner is running, they might need some extra water to be filled for more cleaning. Refill tank supplies the steam cleaner withan excess amount of water whenever required without switching the machine off.
- Detergent Tanks: In a steam cleaner detergent tanks are made to store solutions for cleaning. A handle is also in the steam cleaner for the operator handling the machine to control the amount of flow of the detergent.
- Extraction Tanks: Some steam cleaners also contain extraction tanks so that automatically their contents are extracted to that tank. Steam cleaners with vacuums work very fast as they don’t leave traces behind, so you don’t waste time to clean them with towels.
- Accessories: There are set of accessories which you would need while using steam cleaners. Companies like Unimanixsupplies you with brushes with different shapes and sizes, towel clips, squeegees for glass and mirrors, plungers, microfiber towels etc.