If you are looking for the right kind of curtains to decorate your windows then it is not an easy process. You have to consider different factors, to get the perfectly matched curtain for your room. The style of the curtain must be chosen carefully as there are many different options available. You also have to decide whether you will need filter light or maintain little privacy or add some color inside the room.
Following are few of the criterions based on which people generally select the curtain.
Lighting and privacy
First of all you have to see how much space is available inside your room. Based on that you will decide how much light will be needed and the amount of light to be filtered.
In case, you are selecting the curtain for living room where it will be used as a common room then you have to choose your panel curtain or Paneeliverhot in such a way that it allows maximum light inside the room. People sitting inside the room must be properly visible from every corner of the room.
However, if you are considering curtain for your bed room where you need more privacy, then you must choose curtains with heavier fabric, so that less amount of natural light is available inside the room.
If you are looking for curtains where there are more requirements of natural light, the color of the fabric must be light, as dark colors may get faded after few months due to bright sunlight.
Curtains of proper measurement add to the décor of the room and the room looks bigger. Therefore, while taking measurements take care of the following things.
- Before you hang the curtain, you must measure the height from the rod to the floor. You must also consider the diameter of the rings. You must also consider how much space you want between bottom of the curtain and the floor of the room.
- Now while measuring window width you must consider how much area you want to cover with the curtain. If you want draped look in the curtain then roughly the width of the curtain must be 3 times more than the window width. However, if you want a tailored look then the curtain panels must be 2 inches wider than window.
Choosing the right kind of fabric is also very important. Following are few considerations
- If you need more sunlight then you must choose fabric like cotton or linen. In such case, you will feel more airy.
- If you want your rooms to have lesser sunlight then choose heavier fabric like velvet or suede. Heavy fabric can absorb the sunlight and there will be less light inside.
Now is the time to select proper style that can fully complement with the décor of the interior of the room. Following few ideas will be useful to share.
- It is necessary to have solid or patterned style in the color of the curtain
- Make a right statement with the color and pattern chosen
- If you prefer subtle style then go for neutral patterned curtain.
This Guest Post has been written by Arthur Cooper. If you are looking for top quality Paneeliverhot (Panel curtains) for your rooms, then you can visit http://avaeksperdid.fi They have a huge collection of panel curtains for every taste.